November 16, 2021
Personal Capital offers a cryptocurrency portfolio tracker as a new feature in the free and secure financial dashboard. Now you can track your cryptocurrency alongside your other financial accounts, including your stock portfolio, bonds, employee equity, retirement accounts, real estate, art, gold and cash accounts.
Vince Maniago, Personal Capital VP of Product Management, said the Personal Capital dashboard is designed to show people their complete financial picture — no matter if that includes one 401k, a dozen credit cards, crypto, or any other combination of assets and liabilities.
“We recognize that tracking cryptocurrency investments is becoming increasingly important,” he said. “By adding these new tracking features, you can literally see everything on your dashboard.”
Features of the Crypto Portfolio Tracker
- History at a glance: The free Personal Capital Crypto Portfolio Tracker provides automated portfolio tracking so you can view the market value and performance of your cryptocurrencies over time. You can search for and filter your transaction history.
- Tracking on the go: The mobile app lets you keep track of your crypto portfolio and prices wherever you are.
- Overview of your complete net worth: You can review your crypto assets as part of your overall net worth. Personal Capital will provide portfolio insights based on your retirement horizon and risk tolerance.
Important Insights into the Crypto Portfolio Tracker
Here are three things you need to know about Personal Capital’s new Crypto Portfolio Tracker.
1. We Keep Your Data Safe and Secure
You do not link your own personal wallet information to Personal Capital. (In other words, there’s no need to track down that password.) Instead, Personal Capital pulls public data for a secure glimpse at the price of your tokens.
2. You Can Add a Variety of Cryptocurrencies
Personal Capital is able to track thousands of tokens across hundreds of exchanges. From Ethereum to Litecoin to Bitcoin, we’ve got your crypto covered.
3. You Can Track Your Crypto Straight from Your Dashboard
How do you add your cryptocurrency to your Personal Capital dashboard? Just as you would for gold or art, you’ll be able to link your crypto as a “manual portfolio” by selecting Cryptocurrency under Manual Accounts.
- Give your account a name
- Add your currency’s symbol, exchange and quantity
- Track your crypto’s value
The Bottom Line
More than 3 million U.S. households use Personal Capital’s free financial tools to track their net worth and plan for their financial goals.
“Today’s investors tend to have complex financial lives,” said Jay Shah, President of Personal Capital. “It’s not uncommon for people to link 12 to 15 accounts on their personal dashboard.”
To take control of your financial life, consider these next steps.
- Be mindful of crypto tax implications with our free guide to understanding Bitcoin taxes.
- Sign up for the Personal Capital Dashboard. You can use the free financial tools to see all of your accounts in one place, track your spending and budgets, and manage your complete investment portfolio.
- Consider talking to a fiduciary financial advisor for more detailed guidance on your investment strategies.
Cryptocurrency tracking is a feature released in March 2021. Pricing may be delayed. Information by CryptoCompare.
The content contained in this blog post is intended for general informational purposes only and is not meant to constitute legal, tax, accounting or investment advice. You should consult a qualified legal or tax professional regarding your specific situation. Keep in mind that investing involves risk. The value of your investment will fluctuate over time and you may gain or lose money.
Any reference to the advisory services refers to Personal Capital Advisors Corporation, a subsidiary of Personal Capital. Personal Capital Advisors Corporation is an investment adviser registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Registration does not imply a certain level of skill or training nor does it imply endorsement by the SEC.